Tone and burn fat with this cable squat, curl, and press combo that will work your glutes, biceps, shoulders, and erectors. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the quads, biceps, and shoulders, but will also strengthen the scapulothoracic region and the entire core musculature.
Featuring Vanessa Burmaster, NASM PT and StrongBoard Balance Ambassador.
1. Start by placing StrongBoard Balance about 16” away from the cable machine. Have the cable set to the lowest point with a straight bar attached.
2. Holding the straight bar with an underhand grip, step up onto the StrongBoard platform and drop down into a squat position. Keep arms extended down.
3. From the squatted position, keeping the spine erect, stand up as you simultaneously curl the straight bar up.
4. Holding the standing position, with knees slightly bent, press the bar towards the sky, fully extending arms.
5. Drop the biceps back down, keeping elbows tucked and forearms still facing the sky.
6. Drop back into a squat position as you lower the bar back down.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for desired amount of repetitions or duration.
Be sure to keep the abs braced. Hinge from the hips when squatting. Be sure to squeeze your glutes as you drive out of the squat to standing position. For more of a challenge, you can hold the squat, adjust the tempo of exercise and/or use a heavier weight.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.