6 basic colors, $269:
Red, White, Blue ,Black Yellow, Orange
4 Premium colors, $289
Pink, Purple, Green, Turquoise,
For custom spring colors email firstname.lastname@example.org to request custom colors to match your branding.
StrongBoard is portable and electricity-free. It is a functional fitness tool which allows users to train using their own body weight, or modalities, alone, with a personal trainer, or in group exercise. From yoga to kickboxing, athletic conditioning to gaming, StrongBoard plays well with others. Simply standing on StrongBoard Balance provides a complete core workout. Performing basic exercises on StrongBoard engages more muscles than the same exercises on the floor. It also requires focus and supports mindfulness. From the novice to the advanced, StrongBoard Balance Board delivers profound results to all, creating desired changes in how users look and feel along with huge improvements in balance, core strength, agility, and posture.
Whether you are sedentary, a soccer parent, devoted yogi, or professional athlete, StrongBoard Balance will reveal your weaknesses right away, giving you both the awareness and the power to strengthen them. We call this transformation “StrongBoard Strong”, and we invite you to get on board.
If you are very unsure of your balance, sedentary, a less-active senior, recovering from injury, surgery or stroke, or treating a neurological disorder, you may wish to start your balance training program with StrongBoard MINI. StrongBoard MINI is 2” shorter than StrongBoard Balance, making it less reactive and closer to the ground. It will still be challenging and you may opt to trade it in for StrongBoard Balance when you are ready.
StrongBoard Balance weighs in at 14.8 pounds (packing and shipping weight is 18 pounds.)
What is a Balance Board?
A balance board is a device that can be used for exercise, physical therapy, balance training, muscle training, brain development, and more. It consists of a platform that can support a person and a fulcrum, which is a piece that touches the ground to add an element of instability. The board sits atop the fulcrum. The user of the balance board attempts to remain balanced so that the board does not touch the ground. The rider must engage their entire body and brain to stay balanced.
While there are hundreds of different models of balance boards, they generally fit into these main categories:
· Spring boards: Spring boards were added to the market in 2013 with the release of StrongBoard balance, which holds a patent on the multi-spring design. The board’s fulcrum consists of four individual compression springs situated between the base and the platform. Once a user stands on the board, the springs compress. The user’s body then searches for stabilization, but because of the force applied to the springs from the user’s body weight, the board will not stabilize. By redistributing weight across the board, the rider can move the board in any relative direction – engaging core stabilizing muscles.
· Rocker boards: A rocker board is a flat board with a curved or flat fulcrum attached to the underside. The user stands with one foot on each end of the board and can tilt it from side to side.
· Rocker-roller boards: A rocker-roller model is a flat board that sits on top of a cylindrical fulcrum or roller. The rider stands atop the board as the cylinder rolls beneath it.
· Wobble boards: A wobble board is a flat circular surface on top of a semi-sphere that allows the board to pivot 360 degrees. The user positions themselves on the board and tries to balance so that the edges of the board do not touch the ground. Wobble boards can also be used for squats, push-ups, sit-ups, and more.
· Sphere-and-ring boards: A rubber ball or sphere is placed underneath a board. The user can move the board in any direction by redistributing their weight.
Additional balance board types include underwater and above water models used for physical therapy or yoga.
Incorporating a balance board into your lifestyle comes with many benefits. Regular use of a balance board can help to prevent injury by increasing functional strength. It can improve your posture by strengthening postural muscle strength. Those with sports injuries can use a balance board to re-introduce stability training or work on static or dynamic balance training with the help of a physical therapist. Balance boards can also help to improve coordination and overall body awareness. Most of all, using a balance board is enjoyable.