Want stronger abs and toned legs? Try the Squat to Squash exercise with StrongBoard Balance board. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing with StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the abs and your VO2max, but will also work the shoulders, lower extremities and your entire core musculature, along with the entire scapulothoracic region.
1. With medicine ball in hands (weight can vary), step onto the StrongBoard Balance platform, place feet up against the handles.
2. Keeping a slight bend in the knees and your abs braced at all times, raise the ball over your head.
3. Smash the ball to the ground while dropping into a squat.
4. As the ball bounces back up to you, bring yourself back to standing.
5. With ball now over your head again, repeat steps 2-5 for desired amount of repetitions.
6. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Keep head in line with your spine and abs braced to help stabilize your back. For more of a challenge, you can use a heavier ball, and/or increase your repetitions/sets.