Chickpeas are an amazing and delicious way to refuel after a workout. They are nutrient rich, filled with fiber, protein, carbohydrates, and contain high levels of Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Molybdenum, and Folate. They make a great addition to salads, stir fries, and casserole dishes to support clean eating and add an extra boost of nutrition.
If you’re looking for a healthy snack, try this delicious roasted chickpea recipe!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare dried chickpeas overnight OR rinse of a can to remove sodium and preservatives
- Shake out any liquid from the peas, and place a kitchen towel over a large surface
- Spread chickpeas on top of towel and allow to dry
- Rub to remove skin
- In a large bowl, toss chickpeas with a small amount of oil
- Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until desired texture
- Remove from oven and cool in a large bowl. Add spices of your choice; salt and pepper, creole seasoning, or curry spices are all quick and easy additions. Mix it up, get creative and let us know in the comment section your favorites!