Torch fat all over with the stationary lunge cable punch/pull exercise! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the back and obliques but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the shoulders and lower body.
Featuring Mike Curry, ACE Certified PT and SBB Inventor, StrongBoardBalance.com.
1. Start by placing your right foot across the center of the StrongBoard Balance platform with your left leg behind you.
2. Hold cable handle attachment with your left hand and dumbbell in your right hand. Set cable just above waist height.
3. Lower yourself into a stationary lunge position, keeping your right quad parallel with the floor and hold through all repetitions.
4. Pull the handle as you rotate your torso while simultaneously punching out in front of you with dumbbell.
5. Keeping your abs braced and your shoulders in your back pockets as you bring the dumbbell and cable handle back to starting position.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
7. Switch sides (and legs) and repeat steps 1-6.
8. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep your neck long and your scapula depressed. Both legs should form an “L” shape in the stationary lunge position. Use your glutes to help ensure proper trunk stabilization. For more of a challenge, you can deepen your stationary lunge and/or lunge pump through your repetitions. You can also use a heavier dumbbell and go heavier on cable weight.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.