Build bigger biceps & heat up the beach this summer with the bicep curl progression exercise. This an intermediate exercise using StrongStrap by Stroops. Proper form and technique of a biceps curl should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it on StrongBoard Balance Board. This exercise is primarily for the biceps but will also work the entire core musculature, forearms, back, lower body muscle groups.
Featuring Mike Curry ACE Certified PT and SBB Inventor, StrongBoardBalance.com.
1. Holding the Fit-Stik bar attachment in hands, step onto StrongBoard Balance.
2. Keeping your shoulders in your back pockets, and a slight bend in your knees, roll the bar until you reach desired resistance on the StrongStraps.
3. Keeping your elbows tucked into your obliques, slowly curl the bar up towards your chin for desired amount of repetitions.
4. Immediately, go into a faster tempo 21 repetition curl progression, starting with curling the bar seven repetitions all the way up and only half way down.
5. Immediately drop the bar down and perform seven repetitions curling only half way up, all the way down.
6. Immediately, begin your last seven repetitions, bringing the bar full range, all the way up and all the way down.
7. At the end of your 21 repetitions, hold the bar in “L” shape for desired amount of time.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to brace your abs through entire set. This will help stabilize and protect the spine while lifting the weight out in front of you. Keep the neck long. For more of a challenge, you can hold deep-seated position for the entire set or squat pump through set. You can also slow or speed up your tempo and use more resistance by rolling StrongStrap around the Fit-Stik.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.