Blast your biceps while toning your glutes with single leg bent-over dumbbell curls! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the biceps, glutes, and lower back, but will also strengthen the lower extremities and the entire core musculature.
Featuring Mike Curry, ACE CPT and SBB Inventor, StrongBoardBalance.com.
1. With a dumbbell in each hand, place your right foot across the center of the platform with your left leg behind you.
2. Hinging from the hips with your abs braced, bend over to a 30-45 degree angle.
3. Bring your left leg straight out so that it is in line with your torso with foot in dorsiflexion.
4. Keeping your bicep perpendicular to the floor at all times, open palms and curl your left arm up towards your face.
5. Slowly bring your left arm back to starting position then curl your right arm in the same fashion.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
7. Switch legs and repeat steps 1-6.
8. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Once in position, keep entire body as stabilized as you can allowing only the arms to move. Be sure to keep a slight bend in the posted leg and head in line with the spine. For more of a challenge you can single leg squat while performing curls. You can also curl both dumbbells simultaneously rather than alternating. When you perform the leaning biceps curl, you change the point of maximal loading on the biceps from their mid-range to a point of maximal loading, allowing a full-contracted shortened range.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.