Tone upper body with Reverse Alternating DB Plank Rows! This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the back, chest, abs, and obliques but will also work the entire core musculature.
Featuring Mike Curry, ACE Certified PT, BMCES, and SBB Inventor, StrongBoardBalance.com.
1. Start by holding a dumbbell in each hand and place on the floor, keeping shoulders directly over your hands.
2. Come into plank position by placing both feet on the platform with a wide stance, with outside of each foot against platform handles.
3. Keeping your abs braced, and head in line with your spine at all times, pull the left dumbbell up to your chest/shoulder, using a rowing motion.
4. Bring the dumbbell back down to floor and repeat with the right dumbbell.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
6. A push-up can be performed between each row. (As shown in last three repetitions)
Tips: Be sure to keep back stabilized during full plank position by keeping abs braced. For more of a challenge slow the tempo of your rows and/or use heavier dumbbells.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.