Stationary Lunge Cable Rotations is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the obliques and lower body but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the shoulders and triceps.
1. Start in a lunge position,by placing your right foot across the center of the platform with your left leg behind you. Keeping both legs at a 90-degree angle, right quad should be parallel with the floor and hold through all repetitions.
2. Hold rope attachment with both hands out in front of you. Be sure cable is set at waist height.
3. Keep everything below the waist stable as you rotate your torso and pull the cable to your right.
4. Keep your abs braced and your obliques eccentrically engaged as you bring the rope back to starting position.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
6. Switch sides (and legs) and repeat steps 1-6.
7. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep your neck long and your scapula (shoulder blades) depressed. Both legs should form an “L” shape in the stationary lunge position. Use your glutes to help ensure proper trunk stabilization. For more of a challenge, you can lunge pump through your repetitions. This exercise can also be done with a band.