A quick fix for happiness is like a cup of coffee from a vending machine. Sure it’s fast and convenient, but two hours later we may feel as bitter and unwholesome as the office coffee. Happiness requires repetition. But instead of drinking four cups of coffee a day, try these five natural habits below.
1. Go for a run and if you’re not a runner, walk. Put on some running shoes and shorts. Play some Beyonce, and the urge to move will surprise you.
2. Think of someone you love. How have they nourished your life? Give them a call and express how much they mean to you.
3. Make a nutritious meal with lots of leafy greens. Share it with a friend.
4. Laugh! Watch comedies or hang out with friends.
5. Have an orgasm. This is a tough one because not all of us have convenient access to sex. If you don’t have a willing partner, an alternative is masturbation in a comfortable and private space.
Happiness is something we can work harder towards every day. We can make gains in happiness, like you can make gains in fitness.