These Uneven Push Ups with Plyo will work your pectorals, deltoids, triceps, scapular stabilizers, and core. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable platform prior to using StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the chest, shoulders, and the scapulothoracic region but will also strengthen the entire core musculature.
Featuring Julien Greaux – CPT
1. Begin in Position 4, laterally positioned next to the board. Place one hand over the StrongBoard Balance® logo while the other is placed on the ground. Extend the legs behind you, balancing on the toes.
Lower the chest towards the edge of the platform, bending the elbows to a 90-degree angle.
Extending the elbows, press away from the ground and platform to the starting position and repeat the movement for the desired repetitions or duration.
Repeat the movement on the other side.
For Plyo Portion
1. Begin the movement as if performing the Uneven Push-up.
2. Lower the chest towards the edge of the platform, bending the elbows to a 90-degree angle.
3. At the bottom of the movement, explosively press away from the ground and platform, propelling the upper body up and over to the opposite side of the platform.
4. The hand on the platform will now be on the ground and the opposite hand on the platform.
5. Lower the upper body into a push-up and repeat the movement.
6. Repeat the movement for the desired repetitions or duration.
When performing uneven push-ups and the plyo push-ups, keep weight evenly distributed while focusing on pec minor stretch on the platform side. Absorb landing during the plyo push-ups by keeping abdominals braced.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.