The 21’s with Static Squats exercise is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it on StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the biceps but will also work the forearms, grip strength, lower back, lower body muscle groups. It’s a great workout if you’re looking to strengthen abdominals, back & biceps.
1. Holding a barbell, step onto StrongBoard Balance.
2. Keeping your shoulders in your back pockets, lower yourself into a seated squat position and hold while you curl the bar all the way up and only half way down for seven repetitions.
3. Raise yourself up into a bar stool height squat and hold while you curl the bar all the way down and only half way up for seven repetitions.
4. Raise yourself all the way up with a slight bend in the knees and curl the bar all the way up and all the way down for your final seven repetitions.
5. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to brace your abs through entire set. This will help stabilize and protect the spine while lifting the weight out in front of you. Keep the neck long. For more of a challenge, you can hold deep-seated position for the entire twenty-one repetitions. You can also slow your tempo and use heavier weight.