The Squat and Catch exercise require a partner and a ball. It’s a challenging but fun move that will help tone and strengthen the lower body, core, and arms. Performing it on StrongBoard Balance Board will also help improve balance. Try it out today for a fun workout! Check out Andy Krkeyan and Erin Baldwin.
1. Stand on platform with your spine erect, chest up, shoulders back, feet shoulder width apart, pointing forward.
2. Holding a medicine ball close to your chest, and with your body weight mostly on your heels, lower your butt (glutes) down to a seated position and then back to a standing position, keeping your chest up and abs engaged.
3. When coming up, push from the heels, squeeze your glutes, exhale, and throw the ball to a partner.
4. Stay in upright position until partner throws ball back to you, then transition back into squat position.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions
Tips: Make sure your spine is properly aligned, by keeping your chest up and abs engaged. Always keep an eye on the ball when partner is throwing. To challenge yourself, you can have partner throw ball and different speeds and different angles.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.