1. Holding a 10 lb. plate (or dumbbell) with both hands, safely step up on to the StrongBoard platform.
2. Raise the plate up and over your left shoulder, as you slowly squat down into a seated position.
3. As you return to a standing position, raise the plate directly over your head.
4. This time lower the plate over your right shoulder as you slowly bend your knees back to a squat position.
5. As you return to standing, raise the plate directly over your head.
6. Repeat steps 1 – 5 for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Keep a slight bend in the knees when standing on the platform and performing the shoulder press. Be sure to exhale on the way up. Keep your glutes and abs fully engaged as you extend the plate over your head and shoulders. For an additional challenge, progress to a heavier plate (or dumbbell).
This exercise is demonstrated by StrongBoard ambassador @shirleynrg. Please follow her on Instagram for daily inspiration.