Focusing on balance using StrongBoard Balance Board can help you improve your snowboarding or skiing! Snowboarding & skiing are very physically demanding sports, but because it doesn’t always leave skiers and snowboarders gasping for air, many often do not consider how fit and strong they need to be to do these sports well.
Snowboarding & Balance
The best snowboarders use a minimal amount of muscle power; their skill comes from balance. Balance training without core activation is like snowboarding without a snowboard. Skiing and snowboarding rely heavily on good balance, posture, and core strength (abdominals, oblique muscles, lower back, and hip).
Those who ski and snowboard can increase their core strength, posture, and balance significantly by exercising their abdominals, obliques, lower back, and hips with StrongBoard Balance Board!
StrongBoard Balance Benefits for Skiing and Snowboarding Stability Training:
- Balance – Recruit balance recovery muscles and strengthen ligaments and tendons surrounding high stress areas, like knees and ankles
- Core Strengthening – Core muscles assist in spine stabilization, which supports better balance and improved overall performance
- Strengthens Rotational Muscle Groups
- Flexibility – Support for static knee control, and landings
- Plyometrics – Leg power and aerobic capacity
The Importance of Balance in Snowboarding
Unlike air-filled domes, rocker/rollers, and wobble boards, StrongBoard Balance and StrongBoard MINI employ patented MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™
- Ensures constant muscle engagement
- Increased oxygen & blood flow
- Beneficial for muscles, ligaments, tendons, & joint mobility
- Recruits the Central Nervous System
- Improves proprioception (body awareness)
- Restores a mind-body connection