Increase strength and balance in one move! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the shoulders and glutes but will also work the legs, and entire core musculature.
1. Start by placing your left foot across the center of the StrongBoard Balance platform with your right leg in behind of you.
2. With your Slastix connected to the right side of your base, grip the Fit Stick Pro wide and hold just above chest.
3. Keep your abs braced and a slight bend in your standing leg.
4. Keep your shoulders in your back pocket and your chest up as you press the bar up over your head. Be sure to keep the bar parallel to the floor through the entire movement.
5. Lower the bar back to starting position.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
7. Turn yourself around and repeat steps 1-6, standing on your right leg.
8. Repeat both sides for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep your neck long and your shoulders in your back pockets. Initiate complete core activation to help ensure proper trunk stabilization. For more of a challenge, you can add a single leg squat to your posted leg through your repetitions.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.