Define abs with this full body workout on StrongBoard Balance Board! It’s great for working the core, while also working upper & lower body.
1. Position your board long ways, standing with feet together, knees slightly bent, on the left side of the board.
2. Drop down into a squatted position, keeping your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets.
3. Drop your shoulders, placing your left hand on the ground and right hand across the center of the StrongBoard platform. Keep your head aligned with your spine.
4. Engage your abs and jump your legs back into plank position, maintaining ab contraction and keeping your head in line with your spine. To make this easier, you can step your legs back one at a time instead of jumping.
5. Bend at your elbows, dropping yourself into a lower push up position, maintaining neutral spine and neck and keeping your abs engaged.
6. Push yourself to upper pushup position, then thrust into side plank, keeping your right hand across the StrongBoard platform and bringing your left hand up towards the sky. Be sure to keep your abs engaged and maintain proper alignment from head to heels.
7. OPTION: To challenge yourself from side plank, drive your left heel to raise your left leg. This will activate your glutes and abductors.
8. Lower your leg, returning to basic side plank.
9. Come out of side plank, dropping your left hand back to the ground into lower push up position.
10. Push up into plank position.
11. Jump your legs back up to squatting position, still on the left side of the board.
12. Engage your glutes, push through your heels to jump laterally over to the right side of the board.
13. Now on the right side of the board, repeat steps 1-12 for desired amount of repetitions.
THIS EXERCISE CAN BE MODIFIED BY HOLDING PLANK INSTEAD OF DOING A PUSHUP.