Pop Up Burpees is an advanced full body exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it on StrongBoard Balance Board. Although, the target is primarily aerobic in this exercise, it is also great for overall core strength and shaping your upper and lower extremities.
- Start by standing behind StrongBoard Balance.
- Bend both knees, jump up and land evenly on the platform.
- As you land both feet on the platform, immediately drop into a squat position.
- As you come back up to standing position, use that momentum to jump back off the board, landing where you originally started.
- The moment your feet touch the floor, bring both hands to the platform and throw both legs back behind you, into plank position.
- Perform one push-up, then bring yourself back to starting position.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: Be sure to brace the abs at all times. This will help stabilize the lower back. Use your leg power to thrust yourself onto platform. If you are not familiar with burpees, you can step back into plank rather than jumping back until you feel confident in your form and technique, and strong enough to do so. For more of a challenge, you can add more burpees in between jumps. You can also hold static squat on the board in between burpees.