Sculpt arms and shred your abs at the same time with the Single Leg Renegade Row exercise. This exercise is an advanced exercise. Although, the target is primarily upper back in this exercise, it is also great for overall core strength and shaping your upper extremities.
1. Start in plank position with your right hand across the platform logo, (board is lateral to the length of your body) and your left hand on the floor holding dumbbell.
2. Extend your right leg up off the ground and reach it behind you.
3. Keeping your neck long and shoulders in your back pockets, lift the dumbbell in a rowing position, towards your ribcage.
4. Lower dumbbell back to floor, touching lightly before pulling back up.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
6. Switch to opposite side and repeat steps 1-4.
7. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to brace your abs at all times. This will help stabilize the lower back while holding your isometric plank position. Be sure to keep lifted leg extended as if you are trying to reach opposite wall. If you find this too challenging, you can keep both feet on the floor. For more of a challenge, you can keep the dumbbell from touching the floor between repetitions. Be sure to understand and perform this exercise on the floor first or until you feel confident in your form and technique, and strong enough to complete this exercise.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.