Plank Ladders on StrongBoard Balance Board is a great workout for strengthening core & toning the stomach. It’s also our Founder’s favorite exercise!
Plank Ladder Exercise
1. Start in reverse plank position with hands on the floor, feet on StrongBoard platform. Make sure toes are all the way out, up against each platform handle.
2. Drop your right elbow down to floor where your hand was, followed by your left elbow, into forearm plank pose.
3. Bring yourself back to full plank by immediately pushing yourself back up with your right hand then your left.
4. Perform this segment of the exercise for desired amount of repetitions.
5. Thrust your feet off of the platform and onto the floor on each side of the board.
6. Walk your hands back and place them on platform.
7. Jump or step your feet back so that you are in full plank position.
8. Perform desired amount of repetitions of mountain climbers.
9. Jump your feet back up to each side of the board.
10. Walk your hands back to reverse plank position.
11. Jump or step the feet back up onto the platform.
12. Repeat entire sequence for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: During the pushing/dropping movements, either hand/elbow can go first. Mountain climbers can be substituted with Plank Jacks, Everests, or any Plyometric exercise of your choice.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.