Work legs, glutes & the lower body muscles with this karate workout! Add StrongBoard Balance to the mix for additional benefits.
1. Start in lunge position with your right foot across the center of the StrongBoard platform and your left foot on the floor behind you, with enough distance to drop into a lunge without extending your right knee over your left toe.
2. Drop your left knee towards the floor into lunge position, keeping your spine erect, chest up, head aligned with the spine.
3. Engage your right glute by pushing through your right heel, and stepping up with your left foot.
4. Keeping your right foot centered on the platform, pull your left knee up towards your chest and drive your left heel out into a lateral kick.
5. Pull your heel back in, and drop your leg back down towards the board, keeping it very slightly suspended.
6. Step your left leg back behind you into lunge position again.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for desired number of repetitions.
8. Follow these repetitions with desired number of half circles.
9. Switch legs.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.