Add Missy Dips to your HIIT workout to burn serious calories! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing on StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is great for strengthening the arms and shoulders. It will also help stabilize the entire scapulothoracic region along with the erector spinae and will also strengthen the entire core musculature.
Featuring Missy Sullivan, ACE CPT, SBB CPT and Instructor, Certified Spinning Instructor, and The Simply Fit Studio Instructor, TheSimplyFitStudio.com.
1. Start by sitting on the StrongBoard platform, in lateral position.
2. Place hands right next to hips and grip the edge of the platform.
3. Step both feet out in front of you, keeping a slight bend in your knees.
4. With abs braced and glutesclose to the platform as you drop into a dip.
5. Perform desired amount of repetitions.
6. On the last rep of that set, hold position as you jump your feet out and back in (similar to jumping jacks) for desired amount of repetitions.
7. On the last rep of that set, hold position as you bring one leg up and hold as you perform another set of dips.
8. On the last rep of that set, repeat step 6
9. On the last rep of that set, hold position as you perform another set of dips.
10. Alternate between the jumps and dips at the end of your set as a final HIIT style burnout.
11. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep abs braced by pulling belly button into your spine. This will help stabilize the back while performing this exercise. For additional challenge, you can speed up and/or slow your tempo, and/or increase your repetitions/sets.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.