Anterior Dumbbell Swing Squats will work your anterior shoulder, legs, glutes, and core and help you get ripped fast! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the anterior shoulders but will also strengthen the legs, glutes, scapulothoracic region, and the entire core musculature
Featuring Mike Curry ACE CPT, CES, and Inventor of StrongBoard Balance®
1. Start by holding a dumbbell in each hand as you step onto the StrongBoard Balance platform.
2. Keeping your abs braced, swing the dumbbells back as you lower yourself into a squat.
3. Immediately, throw the dumbbells back out in front of you (shoulder level), using the momentum to bring yourself out of the squat.
4. Activate your glutes during the squat and use them to help thrust back to starting position.
5. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions or duration.
Be sure to keep your abs braced. Hinge from the hips when squatting and be sure to squeeze your glutes as you drive out of the half squat to standing position. For more of a challenge, you can deepen the squat, adjust the tempo of exercise and/or use a heavier weight.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.