The Paddling Out exercise is great for surfers, paddlers and anyone looking to improve their balance and proprioception. Try this great balance workout today!
1. Turn StrongBoard Balance so that it sits lateral to your stance.
2. Place your right toes on the handle and push platform down to where it rests against the base.
3. Place left toes on the platform handle and lower your knees down to the opposite side of the platform.
4. Keeping your chest up and your abs engaged, slowly level the platform out.
5. Shift your bodyweight slightly forward and begin moving your arms in a swimming motion. Think that your paddling out to your next wave.
6. Continue this motion for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: This is a beginner exercise but may still be challenging because of the position of your body and the board. Start off just finding your balance in this position. Once you feel comfortable, add the swimming strokes in. For more of a challenge, hold a pair of Dumbbells to add resistance.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.