This Single Leg Deadlift is simply the BEST exercise for strength, balance, and posterior chain development. This will work your glutes, erectors, hamstrings, anti-rotators, and core musculature. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the glutes, hamstrings, and erectors, but will also strengthen the lower extremities and the entire core musculature.
Single Leg Deadlift Steps
1. Grab a kettlebell and place your right foot across the center of StrongBoard Balance platform.
2. Bend forward at your hips, keeping your chest up. Slowly lower your body as far as you can until you are parallel to the floor, using the gravity of the kettlebell to stretch toward the floor.
3. Simultaneously, bring your left foot out behind you so it is parallel to your spine and to the floor.
4. Pause, then slowly bring your body back to starting position.
5. Repeat for desired number of repetitions or duration. Switch legs.
Single Leg Deadlift Tips
As you come up, use your glutes to push your hips forward instead of lifting from your back. Keep abs braced and hips leveled during the entire movement. This exercise can also be used with other modalities like Havyk Triads and/or GripBells.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.