The Goblet Lunge will work your Glute Complex, Erectors and Anti-Rotators to tone your legs and improve your overall core strength. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the legs and glute complex, but will also strengthen the entire core musculature.
Mike Curry ACE CPT, CES, and StrongBoard Balance Inventor
1. Grab a dumbbell with both hands and hold close to chest. Place one foot across the center of the StrongBoard Balance platform.
2. Keeping your spine erect and hips square, drop your back knee towards the floor. Be sure to keep even weight distribution between both legs.
3. Keep your shoulders down and elbow tucked into your side as you perform the repetitions.
4. Squeeze your glutes and drive with heel on the platform to bring your body back to starting position.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
6. Switch legs and repeat for desired repetitions or duration.
As you come up, use your glutes to keep your hips square. Keep abs braced during the entire movement. For more of a challenge, you can use a heavier dumbbell. This exercise can also be used with other modalities such as Kettlebells and/or GripBells.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.