Doing burpees with StrongBoard Balance Board is great workout for your whole body, and a good way to strengthen your core & tone abs.
1. Start in a standing position.
2. Squat down and place hands on the platform.
3. In an explosive movement, jump your feet back to put yourself in a plank position while still on the platform.
3a. Optional Pushup
4. Jump your feet forward to return to the squat position.
5. Grab platform handles and raise StrongBoard Balance above your head.
5a. Optional Jump up. (not shown) While jumping, press the board up toward the ceiling.
7. Bring board back to floor, placing hands back on platform.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 for desired amount of repetitions.
1. If you are not familiar with Burpees, it is important to understand the body mechanics of the basic exercise before trying more difficult variations in order to prevent injury.
2. Activate your core while in the plank position. StrongBoard Balance will add an additional instability aspect to the exercise which will require more core strength and activation than the Basic Burpee.
3. When jumping during this exercise, you also press the board up toward the ceiling. Adding the board will not only add weight to your jump making the jump more difficult, but it will also help tone your shoulders while pressing the board up.