Looking to build upper body strength? Try the plank cable row with knee kick intermediate/advanced exercise with StrongBoard Balance Board. Although, the target is primarily upper back muscles and obliques, it is also great for overall core strength and shaping your upper extremities.
1. Bring yourself into full plank position, with your left hand over the platform logo, and your right hand holding the cable handle. Keep your abs engaged, head in line with your spine.
2. Keeping your elbow tucked in, pull the cable handle into your chest/anterior shoulder area as you exhale.
3. Pull your right knee to your elbow and be sure to squeeze your lats, and obliques as you pull the cable handle towards your knee.
4. Bring your arm and leg back to starting position as you inhale.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
6. Switch sides and repeat steps 1-5.
7. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to brace the abs at all times. This will help stabilize the lower back while holding plank position. Utilize your back, abs, and shoulders to perform each repetition. For more of a challenge, you can add another board for your feet (as shown). You can also slow your movements down by adjusting tempo. Be sure to understand and perform this exercise on the floor first or until you feel confident in your form and technique, and strong enough for this exercise.