Try Un-Even Squats on StrongBoard Balance for a great lower body workout, working hips, thighs and butt. Performing them on an unstable platform like the StrongBoard Balance Board will also help improve balance and work your core at the same time! Check out Danielle Merrell.
1. Step all the way to one side of StrongBoard with one foot, and then bring your other foot to the opposite side of the StrongBoard logo.
2. Keep the now-off-centered board balanced, with your spine erect, chest up, shoulders back, pointing forward.
3. With your body weight mostly on your heels, lower your butt (glutes) down to a seated position and then back to a standing position, keeping your chest up and abs engaged.
4. When coming up, push from the heels, squeeze your glutes and exhale.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Make sure your spine is properly aligned, by keeping your chest up and abs engaged. Be sure when coming down into a full squat to keep your knees behind your toes to prevent injury. Use your upper body weight to counterbalance the offset from your lower body weight.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.