Reverse Push Up with Barbell Rotation Row will tone your abdominals and obliques FAST. Work your entire core including scapula stabilizers, anti-rotators, and back with this awesome power move. This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with StrongBoard Balance. This exercise is primarily for the Internal and External Obliques and Core but will also work the Anti-Rotators and the Erector Spinae.
1. Start on all fours with your hands holding a barbell. Position your feet on the StrongBoard Balance platform, shoulder width apart, and move into a full plank position. Be sure your abs are braced, hands are directly below your shoulders, and your head is in proper alignment with the spine.
2. Holding plank position, slowly lower yourself into a push-up and then back up to starting position.
3. As you are coming up from the push-up, pull one side of the barbell up off the floor. Pause in that position before gently bringing the bar back down to the floor.
4. Lower yourself back into a push-up and then back up to starting position.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4. As you are coming up from the push-up, pull the opposite side of the barbell up off the floor. Pause in that position before gently bringing the bar back down to the floor.
6. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions/duration.
Keep your abs braced. Use your anti-rotators to help stabilize your hips. This will assist in keeping them from moving side to side. You can start this exercise by lifting the barbell just off the floor and progress to lifting it as high as you can. For more of a challenge, you can use a heavier barbell. You can also hold pause for a longer period of time.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.