Looking to tighten stomach & boost metabolism? Try Core Hammer Rotations on StrongBoard Balance Board! It’s a great core exercise!
1. Stand on StrongBoard Balance in first position, with your feet wide, resting against the platform handles.
2. Keep your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets, and abs engaged.
3. Hold core hammer with one hand on the handle, the other just below the ball of the hammer.
4. Rotating from the torso, engage the abs and bring core hammer up and over your shoulder.
5. Lower yourself into a squat position while bringing the core hammer across your body in a rotational “wood chopping” motion.
6. Return to standing as you return the core hammer back across your body to starting position.
7. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Keep a slight bend in the knees when standing on the platform. Be sure to exhale on the way up. Keep glutes and abs fully engaged as you extend the hammer out in front of you. For additional challenge, progress from an 8lb. head to a 12lb. head. This exercise can also be performed by holding a versa bar, medicine ball or a dumbbell.