Clean up your act – Simple tips you can implement this week to feel great!
- Eat Whole Foods – When grocery shopping fill your cart with natural, unprocessed foods. Try shopping the perimeter of your grocery store; this is where you’ll find the freshest foods. Processed foods are almost always found in the center aisles, packaged in a bag, box or can. By limiting processed foods and increasing natural, whole foods in your diet, you take advantage of the vitamins and minerals your body needs to thrive at its maximum potential.
- Aim for five to six small meals each day – Cutting your meals into smaller sizes and spreading them evenly throughout the day help steady blood sugar levels. By avoiding the spike and dip of large heavy meals, you keep your metabolism and your energy levels constant.
- Watch out for liquid calories – Everyday drinks, including soda, fancy coffees, and juices, contain more calories than you may realize. A Starbucks Frappuccino can pack up to 500 calories in medium cup. If you’re drinking 3 servings per week, that’s 1500 extra calories you don’t need. Stick with water, unsweetened tea, or 100% percent fruit juice with a splash of soda water or seltzer.
- Sugar, Salt, and Fat are not your friends –By choosing more whole foods, you easily eliminate added sugar, salt, and fat, which contribute to excess calories. Whole foods are naturally low in all three of these.
- Exercise – Getting your heart pumping daily builds muscle and it also decreases fat, strengthens vital organs, and reduces mental stress, all of which are beneficial to long-term health.