Dead Bugs will work your obliques, quadriceps, and is a fun way to strengthen your core. The exercise works your deep inner core: your transverse abdominis, multifidus, diaphragm, and pelvic floor, along with your entire scapulothoracic region.
Missy Sullivan, ACE CPT,
SBB Certified Trainer and Instructor,
Certified Spinning Instructor, and
1. Start with StrongBoard Balance in lateral position. Lay your back on top of the platform (face up), with your midline over the springs. Extend your arms toward the ceiling, directly over your shoulders. Raise your legs off the floor, knees should be bent 75-90 degrees over hips, with calves parallel to floor.
2. Keeping your shoulders down and feet flexed. Brace your abs and extend your right arm and left leg away from you.
3. Tap your toe to floor and return to center. Immediately repeat on the opposite side.
4. Continue alternating sides for desired amount of repetitions.
5. Repeat for desired amount of sets and/or duration
The most important thing to remember when you are doing the exercise is to keep your abs tight and lower back pressed into the board. Synchronizing your opposite arm and leg movements is great for overall coordination. You can progress the exercise by adding additional reps or sets. For more of a challenge, you can add other modalities such as dumbbells, ankle weights, and/or resistance bands.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.