Tone your back fast with this calorie burning exercise, Bent-Over GripBell Swings are a great back fat and love handle blaster! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the shoulders, back, and obliques but will also strengthen the lower extremities, the Scapulo-thoracic region, and the entire core musculature.
1. Holding a GripBell in your right hand, step onto the StrongBoard Balance platform.
2. Standing in position one with a slight bend in your knees, grab the other end of the GripBell and bend over.
3. Be sure to brace your abs to help stabilize your back and keep your head in line with your spine.
4. Release one side of the GripBell from your left hand as you swing it up and out into a lateral raise.
5. Using the momentum of the swing, bring the GripBell back to the left hand.
6. Holding the GripBell at both ends continue the swing back over to the right side and then to the left as you release the GripBell with your right hand.
7. Using the momentum of the swing, bring the GripBell back to the right hand.
8. Holding the GripBell at both ends continue the swing back over to the left side and then to the right as you release the GripBell with your left hand.
9. Repeat steps 3-8
10. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: Keep feet straight and up against platform handles during exercise. Keep your hips in a neutral position. For more of a challenge, you can use a heavier GripBell. You can also hold a deeper, static squat or throw in some dynamic squats.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.