Add this great chest exercise to your routine for faster results—Double Board Hands Off Push-Ups! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the chest and triceps but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the lower back, and anterior shoulders.
1. Start by placing both hands on one StrongBoard Balance platform; keeping shoulders directly over your hands, then placeboth feet, wide, on another StrongBoard Balance platform.
2. With your abs braced and your head in line with your spine, perform a push up.
3. Bring your chest all the way down and place it on theplatform as you lift your hands off the platform.
4. Place your hands back onto the platform as you bring you chest back off and push back up to starting position.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep spine erect and stabilized by bracing your abdominals through entire set. For more of a challenge you can slow your tempo. You can also pause in your plank position. Another challenge would be to lift one leg during the push up portion of the exercise and alternate legs.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.