Lets talk the butt, booty, behind, rear end. There are so many different names for the one body part everyone wants to work on.
The gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus, as well as your hamstrings, are by far the largest and strongest of muscles in your body. They work together to extend, rotate and abduct the hip and contribute to the stabilization of your pelvis.
Sure, everyone wants their butt to look good, but strong hamstrings and glutes can also improve posture, alleviate lower back pain, improve athletic performance, and eliminate stubborn abdominal fat.
Add these benefits to the benefits of training with StrongBoard and we have a win win situation.
Build your glutes and tone your legs with these top 5 StrongBoard exercises:
- StrongBoard Squat: Make sure to keep your chest up, and your abdominals engaged, to keep your spine properly aligned. When coming into a full squat, your knees should not extend beyond your toes.
- StrongBoard Bridges: Make sure to keep your shoulders on the floor to protect your neck. Be sure to squeeze butt at the top.
- StrongBoard Leg Raises: Place a resistance band around your ankles for a little more of a challenge.
- Single Leg Half Circles on StrongBoard: This exercise is a great, fast way to tone both your legs and your butt, while still engaging your core and finding that center of gravity.
- StrongBoard Lunges: Inhale on the way down and exhale as you push up. Be careful not to extend your front knee beyond your toes while doing this exercise.
For more booty building exercises, be sure to check out our learning center.