Tone your lats, core and legs fast with Straight Arm Pulldowns! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it on StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the back and legs but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the scapulothoracic region.
1. Start in front of thecable machine, hold the bar shoulder width as you step onto StrongBoard Balance. Be sure to keep a slight bend in your knees when standing on StrongBoard Balance.
2. Once on the platform, drop yourself into a squat position, allowing the weight of the cable to stretch your arms in alignment with the spine. Be sure to keep your abs braced and head in line with your spine.
3. As you bring yourself back to standing position, keep the arms straight and pull the cable down to your pelvis.
4. Be sure to keep your chest up and shoulders in your back pockets through this transition.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: Keep feet straight and up against platform handles during exercise. For more of a challenge, slow your squat tempo and or add more weight to the pulldown. You can also try this exercise with single leg.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.