Statue of Liberty Squats on StrongBoard Balance Board are great if you’re looking to strengthen core and tone your legs. They’re great for the lower body while also working core and improving overall balance.
1. Stand on StrongBoard Balance in first position, with your feet wide, resting against the platform handles.
2. Keep your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets, and abs engaged.
3. Hold a Core Hammer in one hand, at the handle. Drop into a squat while simultaneously sliding the handle of the Core Hammer until your hand meets the head of the hammer.
4. Hold seated position for a designated amount of seconds.
5. Thrust UP out of the squat to standing position as you throw the Core Hammer back up to starting position.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Keep a slight bend in the knees when standing on the platform. Be sure to exhale on the way up. Keep glutes and abs fully engaged as you extend the plate out in front of you. For additional challenge, you can use a heavier Core Hammer. If a Core Hammer is not available, you can substitute with a bar or even a broomstick (witches beware).