Looking to shred fat and tone lower body? Try Static Squats with Band Abduction! This is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it on StrongBoard Balance Board. This exercise is primarily for the lower body but will also work the shoulders and the entire core.
1. Start by placing a band around your thighs, just above the knees.
2. Place the board between 6 and 12 inches away from the wall (depending on your height).
3. With both palms against the wall, place your right foot just off the center of the logo, rest your back against the wall, then bring your left foot up next to the right one.
4. Lower yourself into a seated position as you lift your arms out in front of you and hold that position.
5. Pull your knees away from each other, against the resistance of the band.
6. Repeat for desired amount repetitions.
7. Step off the board with your left foot and slide your right foot over the logo, so you are now centered on the board.
8. Bring your left foot up and out, keeping it extended.
9. Lower yourself into another static squat and pull your left leg out to the side, against the resistance of the band.
10. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
11. Switch legs and follow same instructions for opposite leg.
12. Repeat complete exercise for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to brace your abs through entire set. Keep back neutral against the wall. Keep the neck long. For more of a challenge, you can hold deep seated position for more repetitions. You can also slow your tempo and use modalities such as dumbbells and/or medicine ball.