The Shouldering exercise is a great workout for the legs and core, especially when performed on StrongBoard Balance Board! It will also help improve balance and coordination.
1. Start by standing on StrongBoard Balance with your feet wide, against the platform handles.
2. Keep your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets, and abs engaged.
3. Hold one weighted plate in both hands, and bend your knees until you are in semi-squat position.
4. Hold the semi-squat position as you raise the plate over your left shoulder, crossing your body.
5. Bring plate back to center, then raise the plate over your right shoulder, crossing your body.
6. Repeat for the desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Keep a slight bend in your knees when standing on the platform. Start with a light plate until you are comfortable with the movement variations of StrongBoard Balance board. You can also use a dumbbell in place of the plate. For an additional challenge, progress to heavier plates. You can also try a more advanced version of this exercise by standing on one foot in the center of the platform with a slight bend in your knee.
StrongBoard Balance utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.