The push up with anterior band raise exercise is an intermediate exercise performed on StrongBoard Balance Board. Although, the target is primarily chest and shoulders, it is also great for overall core strength and to shape upper and core extremities.
1. Start in plank position with your right hand across the platform logo, (board is sitting lateral) and your left hand on the floor with band handles in hands.
2. Be sure to have band wrapped around your feet, in the middle of your sole (to avoid slipping).
3. Keeping the neck long and shoulders in your back pockets, perform one push up.
4. As you come back up from push up, extend your left arm out in front of you.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
6. Switch to opposite side and repeat steps 1-5.
7. Repeat for desired amount of sets.
Tips: Be sure to brace the abs at all times. This will help stabilize the lower back while performing the push up. For more of a challenge, you can hold band out in front of you for a desired amount of time. You can also raise the opposite leg while performing the push up and the raise. Be sure to understand and perform this exercise on the floor first or until you feel confident in your form and technique, and strong enough for this exercise.