Sandbag Squat to Press on StrongBoard Balance Board is a great exercise for working upper body, core, and lower body at the same time!
1. Begin by standing wide on the platform, holding a sandbag.
2. Keep chest up, shoulders in your back pockets and abs engaged.
3. Grip the sandbag with both hands, flip it up so that you are holding it against your chest.
4. Pushing through the heels, engage your glutes and thrust up with your legs while simultaneously pressing sandbag over your head.
5. Bring the sandbag back down to your chest as you revert back into a seated position.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
Tips: Keep a slight bend in the knees when standing on SBB. Be sure to exhale on the way up. Keep abs fully engaged as you bring the sandbag over your head to protect any compression of the spine. For more of a challenge, progress to heavier sandbags.
Note: Sandbags are not solid, so they will feel much heavier because of the constantly changing distribution of weight.