Quickly tone upper back, legs and core with static squat lat pulls! This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to using StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the upper back and legs but will also strengthen the core musculature and the Scapulothoracic region.
1. Grab lat bar and stand on StrongBoard Balance in first position, shoulder width stance.
2. Lean back on the platform to counter the weight coming from the bar.
3. Keeping the abs braced, lower yourself into a static squat position and pull the bar towards your chest.
4. Bring the bar back to starting position, keeping a slight bend in your elbows. Let the eccentric part of this exercise stretch the lats.
5. Be sure to keep the scapula depressed and adducted as you pull the bar just below the chin.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
Tips: Keep feet flat, toes spread, with most of your weight on your heels. Keep head in line with your spine at all times. You can also use various grips and handles. For more of a challenge, you can use a heavier weight. You can also go from a static squat a dynamic squat. Still too easy? Deepen your static squat and close your eyes.