Try these next level push-ups to help tone upper body and abs! Reverse pike with shoulder touch push-ups is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the chest, shoulders, and abdominals but will also work the entire core musculature, along with the obliques and lower back.
1. Start by placing both hands on the floor, keeping shoulders directly over your hands.
2. Place both feet on platform with a closer than normal stance, toes on the StrongBoard Balance logo.
3. Keeping your abs braced, lower yourself into a push up. Bring yourself back into a plank position.
4. Immediately bring your right hand to your left shoulder, then back down.
5. Immediately bring your left hand to your right shoulder, then back down.
6. From plank position, begin walking your hands toward the board, until you are in a full pike.
7. Walk yourself back to full plank position.
8. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions and sets.
Tips: Be sure to keep spine erect and stabilized during full plank position. For more of a challenge you can slow the tempo of your walk to and from Pike. You can also hold your plank position.