Lateral Plank Hops on StrongBoard Balance Board is great for working up a sweat, improving overall strength and proprioception. Plus, it’s fun to do (but it will make you sweat!). Check out Andrew Badoy Gutierrez‘ demonstration below, and grab your balance board, head to the gym or why not outside, and give it a try! Comment below and let us know how you liked it.
1. Start on all fours with your knees on the floor, and your hands shoulder-width apart – directly on each side of the StrongBoard Balance logo.
2. Lift your knees until you are supporting your weight on just your toes and hands.
3. Spread your fingers to make a wide, stable base. Be sure your shoulders are over your hands and your heels over your toes.
4. Hold your core in tight, while pulling your belly button into your spine.
5. Keeping your legs and feet together, jump forward and out to your left side, then back to plank, and then your right side.
6. Then jump from your right side, back to plank, and then to your left side.
7. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.