Step Up with Lateral Kick is a great advanced combination workout for sculpting thighs & toning the lower body. Try it with StrongBoard Balance Board!
1. Place your right foot across the center of the StrongBoard Balance logo on the platform, with your left foot on the floor behind you – lunge position.
2. Keeping your chest up, shoulders in your back pockets, drop your left knee towards the floor.
3. Thrust out of lunge position and up into a step up, pulling your left knee up.
4. When you are at the height of your step up, slightly turn your hip in and kick your left leg out laterally, driving with the heel.
5. Return left leg to midline and drop back into lunge position.
6. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions.
7. Switch Legs
Tips: Keeping your posted leg slightly bent will help with stabilization. Be sure to have a focal point. Keep abs engaged and stay centered on the board. For more of a challenge, keep your leg up for multiple kicks before returning to lunge position, or give yourself additional lunge pumps before raising yourself into a step up position.