To do this exercise you will need (1) StrongBoard Balance Board and (1) Stability Ball. This is an advanced move. Before attempting to do a push up using a balance trainer, please be sure you can perform a push up on the floor.
1. Start by placing both hands on the StrongBoard platform and toes of left foot on stability ball.
2. Engage your abs and bring the toes on your right foot up to the stability ball, next to your left foot. Be sure your shoulders are directly over your hands.
3. Keeping your head in line with your spine, lower your chest towards StrongBoard’s platform.
4. With fingers spread, push from the palms and bring yourself back up to starting position.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for desired number of repetitions.
Tips: For more of a challenge, slow your tempo when performing the push up. Changing foot placement/hand, placement will also make this exercise more difficult. Once you feel you are an expert, try one foot.
This exercise is great for the upper body muscle groups along with the entire core structure because it forces the body to engage deep muscles which often get ignored during isolated exercises. StrongBoard Balance Board requires muscles to engage due to the restive nature of the springs and the instability the compression causes. This simple yet challenging exercise will initiate your chest, shoulders, triceps, lower back, core, and scapula-thoracic region.