Work your core with this extreme plank partner exercise! SEEL Drops are an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing on StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is great for strengthening the entire core musculature along with the erector spinae. This exercise requires stabilization of the scapula and the glenohumeral joint.
Featuring Marcus Hobbs, CPT and StrongBoard Balance Ambassador.
1. Start in isometric plank position with your hands gripping handles or wide on each side of the platform logo, fingers spread, while partner holds your ankles.
2. Keep your shoulders directly over your hands, brace your abs.
3. Your partner will let go of your right foot without you knowing when. Your task is to not allow your leg to drop once they let go. You partner will do this twice, or for desired amount.
4. Your partner will then let go of your left foot without you knowing when. Your task is to not allow your leg to drop once they let go. You partner will do this twice, or for desired amount.
5. Repeat for desired amount of repetitions/sets.
6. Switch positions with partner and repeat steps 1-5.
Tips: Be sure to brace the abs at all times. This will help stabilize the lower back while in isometric plank position. Utilize your chest, shoulders, and obliques for a combination of core engagement as you control the tilt your body creates when your partner lets go of your leg. For more of a challenge, you can teeter the board side to side. You can also perform a desired amount of push-ups in between each leg drop. Want to challenge your partner too? Place a StrongBoard under his feet.