Sculpt and tone your shoulders while strengthening your core with This Dynamic Core and Shoulder Workout. This workout is an advanced exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance. The TRX Crunch Pike exercise is primarily for the core and shoulders but will also work the entire lower back, along with the serratus anterior, and the entire scapulothoracic region.
Featuring Rachael Novello, ACE CPT, and SBB Master Trainer, TheSimplyFitStudio.com.
1. Start on all fours and place your feet into the TRX straps, hands on the StrongBoard platform. Place palms on just behind the center of the board in between logo.
2. Maintaining a full plank position, pull your knees to your elbows and squeeze, then push your legs back to full plank position.
3. Pulling your belly button into your spine, lift your glutes towards the ceiling, into a pike, then push back to a full plank position.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 for the desired amount of repetitions.
5. Repeat for the desired amount of sets.
Be sure to keep your head in line with your spine and brace your abdominals through the entire set. For more of a challenge, you can slow your tempo. You can also pause in your plank position.