Plank Pose Knee Kicks will work your abs, obliques, shoulders, lower back, and chest. This is an intermediate exercise and should be performed on a stable surface prior to performing it with the StrongBoard Balance board. This exercise is primarily for the abs, obliques, and shoulders but will also work the hip flexors, and the lower back.
Featuring Nedra Quintana – CPT
1. Come into plank position with feet on sliders. Place hands palms down on the StrongBoard Balance platform, shoulder width apart. Be sure your abs are braced, hands are directly below your shoulders, and head is in proper alignment with your spine.
2. Holding plank position, pull one knee towards your chest and then return back to starting position. Then repeat with the opposite leg.
3. Keep alternating your legs by sliding back and forth for desired amount of repetitions.
4. (Option – Hold plank position an teeter the board back and forth with your arms)
5. Repeat for desired amount of sets or duration.
Keep your abs braced at all times. Stabilize your hips by keeping them from moving side to side. For more of a challenge, hold knee up in kicked position for an extra squeeze or speed up your tempo to create more of a mountain climber move.
StrongBoard Balance® utilizes MULTI SPRING TECHNOLOGY™ that works with your body to deliver the perfect amount of stimulation to keep your core musculature and stabilizing muscles engaged and contracted, while training your central nervous system, improving posture, proprioception and reaction time.